Customisations: Display custom background on posts [Kickstart Pro]
Is it possible to display a custom background on posts as you can on pages?
- Please note we are unable to support customisations that you or any third party developer make to your theme.
- This tutorial is provided for information only and you should make sure you have a backup of your website that you know you can roll back to before proceeding.
- If you are in any doubt on how to proceed or would like any assistance we recommend you contact a third party developer to help you as we will be unable to help you via our support desk.
The goal of this tutorial is to allow you to set a custom background on Posts, in the same way that you can on Pages in Kickstart Pro.
The following screengrab shows the desired effect.
- Make a backup of your website (contact your web hosting company if you don't know how to do this), especially if you're not comfortable doing any of the following steps.
- Using your favourite text editor create a new file, copy and paste following code into it and save it as single.php
- You now need login to your website via FTP (if you don't know what this is or what these details are you should contact your website hosting company).
- Navigate to the following folder in your FTP software:
/wp-content/themes/kickstart-pro/ ('kickstart-pro' folder name may vary)
Within this folder you should see a few files like functions.php, page.php etc. Upload the single.php file in that folder.
- If you do not see any changes straight away try clearing any cache plugins that you may be using on your website.