Customisations: Adding code to your themes's functions.php file without editing theme files
If you'd like to add some code to the functions.php file of your theme but you prefer not to touch any theme code directly (via FTP, for example), you can install 'My Customs Function' plugin to your WordPress website.
- As with installing any plugins or making any changes to your website's code, make sure you have a backup of your site that you know you can rollback to.
- Login to your WordPress admin and go to Plugins > Add New
- In the Search Plugins box enter the name: My Custom Functions
- In the search results you should see the following plugin:
- Click Install Now and then Activate the plugin.
- Now when you want to add any code to functions.php go to Appearance > Custom Functions and follow the instructions to add it there.
- In order for the code you've added to continue to function you should keep the My Customs Function plugin activated and updated.
Please note that regretfully we cannot support any modifications made to your theme as the result of this tutorial, as per our support policy.